If you are looking to grow your business online, the best way to go about that is to build engagement on social media networks. Many businesses aren’t taking advantage of the power of social media because they simply don’t know how to use it properly. Engagement is the key and there are many opportunities to convert connections into paying customers, just by knowing ‘how’ to engage with them. Businesses need to have a strategy for how to attract and then engage with people via the social channels their targets are active on.
Here are 5 ways to get more engagement on social media:
- Share Content relevant to your target audience. Do research and then determine what type of content your target audience likes to consume. It’s also very important to post consistently.
- Show Your Personality. Be smart, share valuable insight and be yourself. Show your followers that there is a real person and on the other end and you’ll be able to build brand loyalty and a large following of targeted fans.
- Ask Questions. Asking for a review is a great way to get your current customers to engage. For those you haven’t done business with yet, ask for their opinions on topics related to your business. This is a great way to qualify a connection and save you time by not chasing down the wrong prospects. Creating online surveys is another great way to ask questions. There are some great tools, such as Survey Monkey, Typeform, Survey Gizmo and Google Forms to help easily build online surveys.
- Create Contests and offer something for free to boost the engagement. T-shirts, coffee cups, and other inexpensive items are a few ideas, or you could offer services at no charge.
- Respond to people who mention or comment on your brand and your posts. Get in the habit of continuing the conversation with your connections. Many companies ignore engagement, and that is a mistake.
So, how do you get started?
There are many tools available to make it easy to engage with your connections on social networks. Many of these are all-in-one tools that allow you to publish content, communicate with connections, monitor your brand, and measure your efforts through analytics. To maximize your ability to engage, it’s important to look for a tool that includes the following features:
- A “social inbox”, sort of like an email inbox, where you can view comments, mentions and messages from people and respond to them.
- Brand tracking/monitoring
- Follow/Unfollow/Add to list features
- Like and retweet posts
- Social profile tagging
Here are a few of our favorite social media management tools:
Social media should be social and if you want to get more engagement on social media, you’ll need to devote some time to it. The way we interact with people has changed significantly. If you are not engaging with people on the proper social channels, you’re likely to lose business to your competitors who are.
If you have anything to add or would like to learn about the benefits of outsourcing social media management for your company, feel free to reach out to us here.